Friday, December 27, 2013

Whew!

Well, Christmas is finally over. It's always a bittersweet time because we get to exchange gifts, be with our families all day, and even see people we haven't seen in a long time. Sometimes, however, this time of year just breeds stress and anxiety so for the last few days since my last post I haven't even thought about my Orange Rhino Challenge.

I know that no matter what, it should be ever-present in my mind in all I do, but I know that with how little I have been progressing I knew I would just be setting myself up for disappointment if I added that stress on top of the holiday stress.

Yesterday was fair. Had a few "oopsie snaps, " but overall I think I did alright. Today, I am going to do all I can to improve my attitude. Early this morning was stressful. I slept terribly (I really wish I could afford a new bed...) and the kids woke at 7 am to begin their day after keeping me up late last night. Thankfully, hubby gave me the opportunity to come back to bed. It's now 11:39 am, and I'm in bed writing this! I will get up after this I promise! Lol

Today, I need to focus on my stressors. I need to pray for patience, and hope that I can keep it together today. Hopefully as we approach the new year I will only get better at this, and truly start my journey to becoming a better, more patient, and loving mother.

I hope you all enjoyed your holidays whatever you celebrate! It's Christmas for us, so it was a day filled with presents, excitement, and food :p Now, I have to battle the thought of taking down all my decorations :( I think I'll wait until after the 1st of the year :p

Have a great day and I'll post again soon!

<3 Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment